FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
converting the panda selecta to a manual (urgent help needed)

Right, first of all sorry for not putting this in the other thread, but i thought everyone might look at this one quicker. We have checked the selecta box, and the next stage is to strip down the gearbox, so rather than pay £600 for a new clutch to be fitted we are going to try and fit another engine and a manual gearbox out of a punto 60, but we need to know if its possible (driveshafts, flywheel, mounts, etc). Please help save 'Eleanor' the panda, thanks

Re: converting the panda selecta to a manual (urgent help needed)

See the previous thread, I know of two cars in Cardiff that can probably be bought for £100 that'll give you the auto box stuff you need.

email me at moundmail@aol.com

hi, dont really know much about selecta's, but i'm sure the engine mounts on the punto 60 engine are the same, not sure about the gerabox though, also is the selecta fuel injected? Only reason I say, im not sure if the mapping for the selecta ECU would be the same as punto 60, something worth looking in to. If you are going to switch to a manual box, i'm not sure how its linked in with the ECU if your panda is injected. If its a carburetta set up your laughing, just a straight swap probably, I one put a 1242 fire engine in to my panda with a carb setup, it was a straight swap.
As for the panda's in cardiff M.D, I recieved an email form the chap who has the red selecta, to which I replied, and have heard nothing more, and heared nothing from the other ?????????? Do they still want to sell ???????

To keep things simple you will need:
Manual panda engine mount (its different to the selecta one)
Pedal box from a 94/95 panda (or maybe from a 4x4)
Engine wiring and ecu from the punto
A panda gearbox, driveshafts and linkage (from a 94/95 panda if you want to retain your current exhaust, which will require a spacer in the downpipe).

If using the punto box you will need to fabricate gearbox mounts, design your own linkages/lever and then the biggy, you need to shorten the driveshafts (those that have tried it have shortened cinq shafts). You would also need to add an electronic speedo.

Jeni, Ben doesn't read his email often, I'll kick his @rse for you. As for Tim, I told him to contact you but he's the most indolent oaf on the planet so it's no surprise that he didn't...

Slightly off topic, so please excuse me! If you get a Panda to break Jeni, there are a few bits I'd be interested in.

As I took the dashboard apart (for the umpteenth time) I noticed that the plastic is breaking up where the screws go in - both the case and the fascia. Could really do with sourcing a replacement at some stage if anyone has these going spare!

I'm also having trouble sourcing a replacement indicator flasher unit (the round thing under the dashboard). The only correct one didn't fit due to the proximity of the next door square fuse, and the square ones fitted but didn't have the terminals in the right order - grr!). Any ideas before the MOT in a couple of weeks time?!!

Cheers, Gavin.

would you have a rear shelf, ( bit attched to the rear seat) swap for some 4x4 spot lights? Neil

Hi Neil,

Interested in the spot lights! Can we talk before you let them go??!!!!

Cheers, Gavin.

jenny layed claim to them some time ago, unless she has no use for them you be 2nd inline!

There'll be no braking up of panda's here, there just getting fewer and fewer, bought a bostin' black 94' clx today

Save the Panda !!!!!!! Save the panda !!!!!!

Spotlights.................neil, didnt we talk about those about a year ago !?!?!?!?!?!

Yep...havent forgotten you see! if you happen to find a rear shelf on your wanderings!........or Gavin owes me a drink! (this will have him twiching!)

long live panda power!

Re: Re: converting the panda selecta to a manual (urgent help needed)

Hi, I have most of the bits from a scrapped 1980's 4x4 if that helps. I live in Stoke on Trent.
Regards, Michael

Anybody got anything in the North, as the only thing i can find is waaaay down south

still need a gearbox as i bought a complete panda to break, but its in better condition than i realised so i now have the selecta and a panda fizz

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos