FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Classic Panda meet - Gaydon, Warwickshire

Hi all, just to let you know, the panda owners on fiatforum.com have arranged a classic panda meet on the 11th January '09 at Gaydon motor museum in Warwickshire. As far as I know (its not yet set in stone) starts at 10am. Not sure what the plans are, but it could end up being a big ol' panda convoy!!
It is for classic shape panda's, theres more than 10 on the list, so come along and join in the panda- monium

Re: Classic Panda meet - Gaydon, Warwickshire

yes,I think i will be going in my `tough'panda,

add panda-pops to the list!

Have been keeping an eye on that thread. Count me in if there are a few of us going

well thats four of us - anyone else ????

Come on - i know theres more than four pandas in the club !!! Or are you all being boring or is it that time of year when panda's hybernate??!!!

Re: Re: Classic Panda meet - Gaydon, Warwickshire

are they eating bamboo shoots ready for a quick doze, then go-go in january?

Think of poor little Panda-Pops! driving home from Clapham Junction, to night, in the rain, wiv all the nasty traffic, ( he has been train spotting again!), might give him a wash and brush up on Sunday, will make him feel better!

the wiper arm came off the front screen spindle splines are erm... gone! guess what i found while looking for 130 parts before the nec show! 2 complete front motor and spindle and linkages,don`t remember having them! mind you it is lock up no1

Should be able to make this, Jen. ........weather providing!! It is January, remember.

Good man Martin! Panda's are tough creatures, so you should be ok!

Mine made it back through floods today - no seriously I'd have given up with the Coupe, as the water came over the Panda bonnet. Didn't miss a beat - Panda powwweeerrrrr.... Ah'hem, anyone know how to make a Panda heater work on more than Tepid??? Gets difficult to clear the water from the inside........................................................................................................

Panda Heater, wots that??? well hard motering, in a Panda!

hi gavin, does the temperture gauge needle stay in the middle when driving around? or does it stay in the lower quarter? if so, themostat stuck open,

Theres been quite a discussion on this on fiatforum, and everyone says the same, when the weather is rather chilly most pandas run considerably cooler than usual at around 70 degrees rather than the usual 80 or 90.
I found my bonnet scoopy thing made my heater loads better - but the heater is rather rubbish when its cold - they need to invent panda winterwoolies
Great to have martin on board for the panda do - theres so many going, it gonna be G-R-E-A-T !!!

One of the things I've noticed , is that with the radiator design being sort of narrow and retangular , is that it can build up with "gunge or silt -up" very easily , so I find its so important to take the rad out and "flush and back-flush" with a hose to keep it cleaned out a few times a year. The same applies to the block and heater matrix.

The heater matrix has that water valve assembly on the side, which ,as we know can have a habit of "not working"- a bit of an "old chestnut" for Fiats going way back.

whilst, on subject of Pandas. Does anyone know where to get the large central bush in the rear "omega" axle? I'm led to believe Fiat supply as a complete axle replacement.............£600 approx!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Classic Panda meet - Gaydon, Warwickshire/axle

try: fancy engineering,01300345577, j.b.s. spares, 0161 6888391, alItalia,[wrexham] 01978757588,www.shop4parts.co.uk.

oh dear....Panda-pops has blown its head! and at the same time the clutch....did wonder if it is worth spending money on him......but its Xmass....and could i see Panda-pops go to the knaccccckers yard..... wot do you lot think....

SAVE HIM !!!!!!!!!

repent!!!!!!!! save him, only nuts and bolts repairs!
fone john seals!

Excuse me for asking, but was this not the little white Panda I saw advertised with an incredibly low mileage on-- about 18,000 miles only- ,more or less, or similar.?

Quite expensive for a Panda at the time if it is the same, based on its time - warp condition and all that--so I would definately save it.

Should be able to do it yourself- did mine- head gasket, stem seals, head skim by engine recon co; lapped valves, new cam belt/ tensioner, all valve clearances shimmed up. Re- torque after about 700 miles or so with angle torque tool etc; Done this 2005.

Saved a packet that way.

na, this one costs £150 from a FIAT agent! one owner from new (1991) full service history( not all Fiat) so a lack of Paraflue.......

all parts obtained from my local FIAT agent! new cambelt, waterpump, head bolts ect! so Panda-pops should be at the meet!

YEY !!!! You know its worth it !!

Just a reminder, this is next weekend, theres 14 panda's on the fiat forum list, should be good !!

Hi Panda-Pops might not be able to make it, have gone mad with the little fella! added new cluch, shocks, having the head skined, and ...wot the eck, new valvs and spings,

hoping Jenny will forgive me! but Panda-Pops in on the mend! Neil

Not a good enough excuse Neil! Your Club needs YOU!!!

Throw more money at your tame mechanic & Pandapops will be sorted in a jiffy (if not sooner!! )

if only.... its getting the correct FIAT gear box oil,(should arrive Thursday) then waiting then the head work.... want a propper job! not a rushed one!

as i want to keep Panda-Pops going for a few more years!

i think you keep fiat lubricants and the paraflu mob in business!mr clark!

Re: Re: Re: Classic Panda meet - Gaydon, Warwickshire

well, i have booked the day off,(on call for a week from this friday)need to call in at cradley heath, dudley, then on to gaydon! who else is going?

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos