FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FIAT 130

now how this for a plan! thinking of thining the collection, so... it better to sell the black 130 coupe whole, or in bits? will keep you all posted!

Neil

Re: FIAT 130

I guess firstly it depends on your point of view and the condition of the car. Do you want to make the most money you can or do you want to see the car stay as a unit and be kept on the road by somebody? If you decide to break it I may be interested in some parts!

Re: Re: FIAT 130

If you break it, we will break you! we are getting the cement mix ready! to you!franco,felice,stiggy, dave...what parts are you wanting?

It's looking like I need an ignition switch and key. I have also picked up a nice coupe interior in blue velour but could do with a replacement drivers seat base as the material is worn, looks like a passenger one might fit. I'm also looking to find the optional electronic ignition system to replace the twin points system currently on the car, but so far all the cars I have come across have the points system.

Dave there has been a 130 coupe listed on ebay a couple of times just of the the A580/M6 near manchester at a salvage yard,complete car in silver ,proberly have the items required,not listed at present but give them a call it they list it again,or google salvage yards in that area,hope this is some help.

That is where the interior came from. Trying to get the ignition switch and key too, but no joy yet. The car unfortunately did not have electronic ignition either!

Dave i thought about fitting that to my coupe but with new points,condenser ,cap etc and only doing limited miles i didnt see the advantage,

I will look into it again if you think its worth fitting please give me your advise,may be something after market avalible

You can get aftermarket conversions, ideally I would like to fit the optional Fiat system for originality. If I can find one! The benefits are better starting (especially after the car has been standing for some time), better performance and less maintenance issues as you do not have to clean, gap or replace the points.

i have never had a problem with starting first time even left for months at a time,and with limited use the points arnt going to get pitted unless you are going to use it 2000+ miles,dont think it will make any difference ?,just keep if original

I always have problems with my cars not starting due to corroded points after they have been sitting for some time. However, the ones with electronic ignition fire up straight away. My quest to find an electronic set up continues!

Re: Re: FIAT 130/murderer!

have the cement on order!

Stig has an electronic ignition system - not sure if it's original Fiat, but it was certainly taken off a 130 Coupe (by me). It's in a carton in one of his lock-ups, (the lock-up without door handles )

By the way, sold my Coupe to an 'enthusiast', just noticed it went through Coys auction maybe 6 months later at twice the price.

Regards Richard

Well, if it is for sale, I'm interested

Re: Re: FIAT 130

didn`t know i had one! haven`t opened any of the boxes yet!

Hi Richard! yes it yas sold at auction!i have found out what happened to the car, after you sold it......

Hello Neil - please tell...........

regards Richard

poss best off forum.....

I have come across a man who has some 130 Coupe parts for sale. He has 2 doors, a bootlid, rear lights, a headlight and some other parts. He would prefer to sell as a job lot if possible. If anyone is interested email me and I will pass on his details.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos