FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chiltern Hills Show - Spring is Here!!!

It may seem a little early, but I have just received details of our favourite "early season" car show.

The Chiltern Hills show is on Sunday 19th May. This is a great show with over 1000 classics, plus vintage commercials, autojumble, stalls, fair rides, helicopter (Peter's favourite attraction! ), etc.

Near to Aston Clinton just down the A41, so dead easy to get to (from anywhere!). We usually manage around 12 cars, but how about we go for broke this year????

I have full details and entry forms, which I can scan and email to anyone interested.

Cost is £4.00 in advance BUT (don't panic) you get a very nice model vehicle for this price - worth more than £4 actually. On the day entry has been ramped up this year to £10 - I sympathise with this, as the poor organisers can't arrange space if everyone appears at the last minute (sounds like a FMC stand..... ).

A great friendly show which everyone enjoys. I await the early rush of volunteers....... BTW don't worry about the "Vintage Vehicle" title for the show - the FMC have an ongoing exemption to put whatever we like on the stand - i.e. if I like your car you're in!

There's also a road run for those interested (25 miles through glorious Chilterns countryside) - it's apparently great, but muggins always sits in a damp cowpat strewn field just after dawn to reserve a space (but do I complain?), so I can only report on other members comments.

Cheers, Gavin.

Re: Chiltern Hills Show - Spring is Here!!!

Hi Gavin,

You do make me smile

I think that you may have the wrong date though - as May 19th is a Tuesday. Do you mean May 17th??

I could well be interested in this - assuming that my 131 Abarth is back from it's pre-3MA tinkering!

Is it the sort of show that can be driven out of earlier than show end - a bit like Bromley or Uxbridge, cos if the weather is 'soft' I won't really want to spend all day sitting in a soaked field.

What do I need to do to get on the list and do you like my car enough for it to be included??

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

Oops, spot the deliberate mistake! Yes you're quite right, it's Sunday the 17th - no idea where the other date came from!!

The show is really friendly, and they seem to have absolutely no issues with cars leaving early. Your car is great, so it's in - you just wanted me to say it didn't you?

The covering letter and application form are on their new website www.chilternhillsrally.org.uk or I can email/post a copy to you if you prefer. You need to put Fiat Motor Club (G.B.) on the form, so they know how many of us are booked in (and let me know please).

Hope you can make it - see you at Brooklands?

Regards, Gavin.

hmmmmm , i wondered about the date (lynne,s birthday)
so long as b'day celebrations ar'nt at the weekend, ill bring my 131 aong.
jason

Re: Re: Chiltern Hills Show - Spring is Here!!!

Hi Gavin,

The Sedicivalvole will be there - I have a form already. Gareth also hopes to bring the Tipoturbo but I will get him to confirm to you himself.

I`m thinking "this could be a show to go to" must look on a map to see where the show is,and, save a arab oil shiek`s life so as to get a fuel card for free (dream on!) so simon can see a certain registrar out in a 1*0

I would be great if all of you can make it.

Stiggy it's near to me so you'd come down the M40, turn off at the Oxford/Thame junction, then come across towards Aylesbury. It's dead easy & I can give you better directions if you're able to come. Must admit I've NEVER seen our 130 registrar driving a 130 Breaking bits off accidentally yes.......

Please let me know when anyone's definite - Mike you're on the list (might need you to sit with me in the damp field if we get loads of cars....

Cheers, Gavin.

Hello Gavin

Put me down for going its not to far for me.
and the Strada will like a run up the A41

Regards Phil

Thanks Phil. Would be good to see you there - and yes the A41 is a good blast (still no cameras as far as I know - and I use it quite a lot!). Not that you will need that piece of info of course, but the Strada might want to stretch its legs.........

Regards, Gavin.

I have entered my 500L again this year. Put in an appearance last year , did the road run & I think I was the first one round but all very enjoyable.

Hello Gavin

Yes the strada will like that run. I dont think the 105 will be ready to come out as well but we will see

Can you email me over a form so i can enter

Thanks Phil

I think you were right when you wrote"put me down" mr sharpe, yes, will have a word with lenny-the-leg breaker!look forward to grasping you!

Hi Phil,

Have emailed you, but they always seem to boing back - can you let me know when you receive it ok? It is btconnect rather that btinternet isn't it? Just wondered as one of my emails is btinternet.com......

Cheers, Gavin.

Hello Gavin

Thank you i did get you Email no problems
I will send it off at weekend

Thanks Again Phil

Thanks Phil - look forward to seeing you there.

Gavin.

Any more takers?

Gavin.

Hi Gavin
I would like to go but i cannot guarantee i can take the car i wish to take until a few days before so i will have to buy on the door if i can be there.
Tim

Might be a good excuse for a short test-drive in the 131 before heading to Turin in it for 3ma09

Hi Tim,

If the 850 (I'm making wild assumptions here obviously!!) isn't ready, are you able to take anything else (Spider, Panda, Multipla, Ducato(!))? If so, it might be sensible to prebook at £4? We could probably sell the £4 ticket to an on-the-dayer anyway if it came to it. Just a thought.

Cheers, Gavin

Sounds like a flawless plan Theo! You get a good blast up the A41, a great day out in the sun (possibly!), and can legitimately call it a check over before the Turin trip.

Let me know if you can make it - would be great to have you there.

Regards, Gavin.

Hello Gavin

I had a bit of time at work yesterday so i looked into your coupe sunroof motor the punto ones will not fit but have you tried a late Tipo one as this looks like it might.

I have one if you want to try it.

Regards Phil

Thanks Phil. Not tried that - is is less daft than Coupe motor money?? Would be great to try one if you have it.

I know the Coupe has climate control but I do like the airflow from the sunroof!

Cheers, Gavin.

when do the passes get sent out... im sure ive entered
but can't remmerber and lost check book stub

Spring starts 20th March! happy crimbo Gav! alas will be working! so will miss the show, this is a good show, always the way!having to work! (well turn up!)

The passes go out straight away - I had mine a couple of weeks ago, a few days after I sent the cheque to them.

Regards, Gavin.

bump.

Sent mine off yesterday ,(which i thought i allready had ) so should be 2 mirafiori's there

Boing said Zeberdee

Can folk start to confirm if they have booked for this please? I need to try to grab enough space on the day so need a good idea of who's turning up!

thanks, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Hello Gavin

I have sent my form off so i will be there

Regards Phil

Thanks Phil. Ok I really need to get this pinned down now or we won't get parked together! I currently have no idea who's actually booked. If I start off the list everyone should be able to add to it by quoting the last one - we'll see!!!!

Thanks, Gavin.

1. 127 Palio - Gavin
2. 127 Sport - Gavin
3. Strada Abarth - Phil

1. 127 Palio - Gavin
2. 127 Sport - Gavin
3. Strada Abarth - Phil[/quote]
4. 131 mirafiori - jason h

Membership Number: 11339

jason h
1. 127 Palio - Gavin

2. 127 Sport - Gavin

3. Strada Abarth - Phil

4. 131 mirafiori - jason h[/quote]

Thanks Jason. I'm sure there are more than 4 of us booked in - come on folks, please update the list if you're booked.......

jason h
1. 127 Palio - Gavin

2. 127 Sport - Gavin

3. Strada Abarth - Phil

4. 131 mirafiori - jason h[/quote]

5. 500(?) or something else - Jo/Tom

Come on folks - I know there are more booked!!

Dont forget the Sedici - I will be there

Mike Ware
Dont forget the Sedici - I will be there

Thanks Mike - current list below:

1. 127 Palio - Gavin
2. 127 Sport (or the Panda as Sporty is sick at present!) - Gavin
3. Strada Abarth - Phil
4. 131 Mirafiori - Jason H
5. 500 (or something else) - Jo/Tom
6. Tipo Sedici - Mike

Any more for any more? Great show, roll up roll up..........

GET THAT GRASS CUT

Membership Number: 11339

jason h
GET THAT GRASS CUT

Forgot to mention that's the one drawback of this show..........!!! Don't worry the cars are all ok - even Coupes don't get stuck as the field is even. Sadly some visitors step in, well, it's natural, and cow based..........

Fresh countryside air and natural fields, it does you good Jase!!!

Hi I will be there with 124ST I have been working on over the winter, has been stood in a barn for last 19 years but now has MOT and tax disc. Runs well, see you there.

Membership Number: 10149

Dave Slaney
Hi I will be there with 124ST I have been working on over the winter, has been stood in a barn for last 19 years but now has MOT and tax disc. Runs well, see you there.

Great - look forward to see it Dave. Current list:

1. 127 Palio - Gavin
3. Strada Abarth - Phil
6. Tipo Sedici - Mike
7. 124 Special T - Dave

1. 127 Palio - Gavin
3. Strada Abarth - Phil
6. Tipo Sedici - Mike
7. 124 Special T - Dave
8. Coupe 20V - John S

Show is tomorrow! I think we have 8-10 attending - don't blame me if you're not on the list and we run out of room...........

Fingers crossed for the weather

Gavin

Okay - how was the show ??

Membership Number: lalalalalala

Hi Jen,

Just spotted this one - better late than never!!

Show was good thanks. Rained at first but then we had a few birght hours. Nice selection of cars, including Dave's new 124 Special T.

There should be a report in due course, when I find time..........!!!

Regards, Gavin.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos