FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 130 Heater Upgrade.

Started looking at my 'new' coupe heater box today. Quite different to the saloon one, the fan setup is very different and of course it has aircon. Quite rusty too. I think it is restorable, but if anyone has one for sale......

I have put some pictures at:

www.dropshots.com/130man

These show the poor condition of it and also the difference between the saloon and coupe setup. I'm hoping this will improve the poor airflow the original heater produced.

Re: Fiat 130 Heater Upgrade.

I am wondering why the heater you had in the saloon was not putting the heat out? my saloon i had 25 years ago use to heat up ok, have you checked the matrix and pipework for faults dave? and if richard cooper comes on here saying there`s one in a box in my lock-up, I`ll scream!

i stiggys lock up ~#? he hs one of them!

I managed to get heat after fitting my inline pump to the set up (see my earlier thread).

Now I have moved on to trying to improve the amount of air the fan produces, which seemed poor. The Coupe does indeed have a different design of fan and also three fan speeds instead of two.

I had the matrix checked out at my local radioator place and it seems OK. A good job as they quoted me £105 to have it re-cored!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos