FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How Many Men Does It Take to change a Light Bulb?

HOW MANY MEN DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

No, this is not a sexist joke at our expense ,guys. And ladies , you can stop grinning now, please!

On taking my company car, Citroen C3, to the allocated local garage for a nearside headlght bulb change(not a Citroen dealer), it took 3 trained mechanics ,half an hour, to change one lightbulb. The offside is far more accessable for this, but the nearside has battery/cover , fuse box and other "parafinalia" in the way so you practically need a surgeons endoscope to get at it!!

Modern cars!! Don't you just love em!! They design all these electrical gismos them , half of which you don't need, and may never use at great length, cramming the bonnet full to the brim, limiting accessability, then forget to think , some poor chap has to work on the vehicle once its left the factory

Re: How Many Men Does It Take to change a Light Bulb?

I think it would have only taken one woman to do it - smaller hands !!!!

I think that you will find a similar situation on some modern Alfas

There was a time when there were only a few really awkward knuckle scraping, four letter profanity inducing jobs. And you would step back from the job in hand and say "what evil minded cock-eyed boooger devised that little git!" But now its full on anti mechanic..... could well be that we evolve into a "throw away" car society, don`t laugh, it could happen with the idiots we`ve currently got in charge of the assylem!!!!

The boys on the drawing board based their designs on Nanobot repair technology but sadly it has not arrived yet. Not sure about Jenibot but look out for the new box office blockbusters "Honey I Shrank the Mechanic" & "Journey to the Back of the Headlamp"

Girl frends "french" car.....my word.. you take the washer tank out then dismantle EceEctEct....... Panda pops, the 125 ect takes longer to lift the bonnet, then to change the bulb.....

I recall Gavin writing an entertaining article in Parliamo on the subject of changing a bulb in his Fiat Coupe.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos