FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat Cinquecento Sporting Rear Engine Mount 1997

Hi all

Need to get a rear engine mount for a cinquecento sporting year 1997 R reg.

Have spoken to fiat and the part has been discontinued.

I recently sourced one from a scrap yard however that has also broken.

If anyone knows where i can get one or has one could they please let me know

My email is

40023528@student.orpington.ac.uk

Re: Fiat Cinquecento Sporting Rear Engine Mount 1997

Hi there, i have an assortment of new Fiat mountings, if you can give me a part number i'll have a look, if you want to email me at tellfiat@aol.com

Cheers Trevor.

And its no wonder that there are so few classic Fiats. I`m sure that because of Fiat`s parts policy, perfectly good cars are scrapped or broken for spares. It only adds to the legend of Fiats being weak, fragile and unable to survive the damp UK climate (rust)....You can get most mech bits for old fifties Fords

Re: Re: Fiat Cinquecento Sporting Rear Engine Mount 1997

only because ford are still using the same parts on 70s,80s,and 90s cars, mind you fiat have been known for parts interchangeabliy as well,

I said Fifties 50`s Fords...over the years various Ford car clubs have made it their policy to get parts re-manufactured. But yes, Ford have always utilized their parts bin to good effect and inter-changeability has benefitted many owners and boosted Ford`s profitability.

i can still get bits for my 1990 fiat panda,no problems what so ever, from my local FIAT agent......also new Fiat oil fliters for my fiat 125, and 2300 saloon from the same agent!

I just had a quick check for this mounting. The only one not available is the mount at the timing belt end. The other 2 are still available and are in stock in the UK. Just because a part come up as being 'exhausted' on a dealers system, does not mean the part is not available. All it means is that the part is not in stock in the warehouse the dealer is located. Its a big world, and the Fiat network is quite large. I've said this before, each dealer has the same access to info that I have. And if I can tell for example, that 9 dealers in the UK have a Dist cap in stock which is listed as being No Longer Available then it should be easy for a dealer to locate your mounting. You need either 46420420 or 46411024, both available ex stock.

Hi there, thanks Kmacb for the part numbers, i'v had a look and yes i have a new in it's bag mounting part number 46411024.

Cheers Trevor.

A happy ending.

"Ford profitability"? You must have a very good memory! Fiat made a profit of EUR 3+ billion last year. Seems that maybe (at last) Fiat has the right cars at the right time?

regards Richard

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos