FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Malvern Show - 19th April

Is anyone going, interested in going or planning to book a stand for the April Malvern Show? (Jen do you have any plans to repeat 2008's success?).

The event in October was great fun and some of us from Bucks would be pleased to make the trip again.

Andrew Greenwood is organising it again I believe.

Re: Malvern Show - 19th April

Hi Mike,

Count me in, if we are doing anything. Didn't receive anything about this show for some reason!

Mark was very keen last night, so that's potentially 3 from the Bucks Posse. Is there any indication of minimum car age for the show?

Jenni - are you organising this following last year's fab show??

Gavin.

Hello !!! If you want to go, we'll Go !!!! I wasnt planning on going to it untill october again.................I best get booked in !!

Can you check whether newer cars are ok please Jen? We have a new member with a Grande Punto who is keen to come along - no point taking the car though if there are age restrictions.

Cheers, Gavin.

pondering if to go.....were is the show? thinking 125 or panda-pops

It's at Malvern Neil...... Think it's called the 3 counties showground.

We will probably go in convoy from my house, so you're welcome to join us if it's more or less enroute for you? Be warned though, 127s don't stick to 55mph Well they do in town........

Cheers, Gavin.

that would be the problem dont drive that fast!, how far is it from were you live? i have a distance to get as far as you live in its self,! (any way Panda-pops is only the 4 speed model.....painfull over 60mph!)

As far as I know, all cars are welcome on the club stand whatever the age, just make sure its stated on the entry form that its for FMC stand.

Do you know where to get entry forms, or are you applying for a club stand?

Thanks, Gavin.

http://www.classicshows.org/BookingForms.htm

Download and print booking forms from this link, its from the andrew greenwood events website.

I've sent my form off!

The booking form states that up to 25% of a club stand can be post 1994 cars - that sounds very sensible and we try to get mainly older stuff anyway.

Looking forward to the show - who else is going?

Re: Re: Malvern Show - 19th April

I am Gavin - when I can get the form downloaded.Do you know about Mark - our "new chap"?

Hi Mike,

Word copy sent to you.

Have emailed Mark - will keep you posted!

Cheers, Gavin.

I got it thanks Gavin. Have also e/mailed you re this

Mark is hoping to join us for this.

What about Gareth, Dipstick, Weed, Neil, et al?

Gavin.

Hi Gavin
What Kids programs have you been watching?
Tim
? Gareth dipstick weed ?

Right folks, I need to know numbers..........

The reason I say is if we want an indoor pitch we can only have six cars if theres more we'll be outside,

So, the list cofirmed this end is:

Panda van

If youre a definate attendee add your name, could do with knowing asap, so I know which space to book.

Cheers peeps ! xx

Got my ticket today Jeni!

Probably a 127 of some variety, or a Panda, or a Coupe..........

I think Mike is planning to come along, and also Mark (a new Bucks member). Phil Sharpe phoned me today and was interested in coming along too.

Cheers, Gavin.

Yes I hope to be there. Just sent my form off!

Re: Re: Re: Malvern Show - 19th April

Gareth (Turbo Tipo) says he is going as well. Looks like we might be heading towards an outdoor strand!

Hi Jeni,

Mark is also a definite. I am sending an application form on his behalf tomorrow as he is swanning around in Hong Kong, Dubai & Holland!! It's ok for some

From Bucks we have me, Mike, Gareth, and Mark. That's 4 (you can tell I'm an accountant ). If you're taking 2 cars that's the indoor limit. Phil S was hoping to come along so maybe we need an outdoor pitch plus a few prayers to the God of decent weather?

Cheerrs, Gavin.

I could always ask if we could have space for a few more...............

Hello

Yes i will be there with my strada

Thanks Phil

Quick update - sent off my application today, and requested more space on an indoor stand - just dont trust the weather, think we had summer last week brrrrrrrrrrr, anyway fingers crossed

NEWSFLASH !!!!

As I said yesterday, I cheekily asked for more space indoors at the malvern show - consider it granted!!
Greenwood's phoned me today asking how much space was required, so ive allowed space for 8 cars, which if ive counted right should tie up quite nicely - allowing for one extra if required.
So hopefully no wet weather gear will be required on the day, and phill wont have to polish his car after every rain shower!! (only joking !)

Do we have to get there early if we're inside? Just wondering how popular we'll be if we scatter the punters having stopped for a "healthy" breakfast enroute?

Breakfast is a "must" - see my e/mail - we will just have to set off in the middle of the night!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Jeni

You know me far to well. I have spent half the weekend polishing "Black i love it" (Once clean)

I am looking forward to this one

Regards Phil

Im sure the cutoff time for arrival will be on the information that comes with your entry pass, there was nothing said about special arrival times for indoor cars - lets face it its not like the nec, there open ended cow sheds !!

Having now bothered to RTFM it says display vehicles to be in place by 9.30am!! Early start then Mike..............

Hi all,

Ive been thinking, was I too hasty in booking an indoor stand? My reasons for this thought is maybe you'd rather be outside, I know the weather at the last malvern show was fab.
My thinking behind it was the weather seems so unpredictable this time of year, and beleive me, its a really grim place in the pouring rain.
So, im putting the ball in your court and asking for a democratic poll do you:

A. Want to run the risk of having the stand outside, its either going to be warm and sunny or on the other hand, tipping it down !

B. Stick with inside - you can always sit outside if its a blisteringly hot day but if it is raining cats n dogs we'll be okay.

The vote is in your hands, poll closes on Thursday 9th April 2009 (it gives enough time to vote, and a weeks notice if we need to change the plans with greenwoods) Any votes cast after this may not be counted but may still be charged - heheheheh (only joking !)

Bearing in mind the time of year, I think inside is safer!! This should ensure a blazing hot day too.............

BOING !!!! Voting closes Thursday !!

Membership Number: 11782

I now have the Club gazeebo if you prefer to go outside Jen!

Membership Number: 5260

Sorry gavin - voting closed on thursday !!!

Think we'll stick with inside, just imagined if it was a day like today we'd want to be inside ! We can always move some garden chairs outside if its a nice day !

I seem to be the only one who voted anyway - so I won

So we don't want the gazeebo?

Gavin
Having now bothered to RTFM it says display vehicles to be in place by 9.30am!! Early start then Mike..............

It says on the web site in doors by 8.30 and out doors by 11 at the very latest or you have to pay
and ther's a massive auto jumble on the saturday

Membership Number: 19985

It deffo say's on the stuff through the post 9.30am for indoor cars

Are we absolutly curtain about 9.30 - I only question because it is such a long way to travel for those going from the Bucks section. Is it possible to "double check" Jen? Sorry to be a pain in the bum!!

Okay, I have read the ticket AGAIN, and it says last entry for indoor cars is 9.30AM, thre show doesnt open untill 10 am.
The last entry for outdoor cars is 11.30, so if anyone form the bucks area who dont want an early start, you can gain entry untill 11.30, but you'll be outside - the choice is yours.............

Well it has to be inside - no point in parking up outside like "billy no-mates"!!!

But at least with 9.30 - so realisticaly get there by 9am it won't quite be a middle of the night start and I might still see breakfast.

Thanks for checking

Hello Everyone

Are we all still going? and if so are any of you meeting up and traviling in convoy , As it is along way to travel for some of us if not all

Thanks Phil

Membership Number: 11789

I bloomin' hope youre all still coming !!!!

Hello Jeni

I will be there

Phil

WOOP !!! Thanks for confirming phill, see you there !!

phil sharpe
Hello Everyone

Are we all still going? and if so are any of you meeting up and traviling in convoy , As it is along way to travel for some of us if not all

Thanks Phil

Hi Phil,

Yes we're all still going - after the hassle getting a newer car in EVERYONE is going

If you use the M40 and fancy meeting up at Oxford services (junction 8a) at 6.30am (yep you read that right ), we can all go in convoy!! We will be stopping at a Little Chef for breakkie near to the show if that's an incentive! Should be 4 of us at Oxford - a Tipo Sedici, Turbo Tipo, Grande Tjet, and the Palio - guess I'll have to slow down for them all..........

Cheers, Gavin.

Hello Gavin

If its ok i will meet you at the services then ? it is going to be a very early start for me but thats o,k

Yes a stop for breakfast sounds like a very good idea

Thanks Phil

p.s Do you think i will be able to keep up ?

Great - see you there then Phil. If you think of it, please dig out the sunroof motor if it's still on offer

I'm sure you can keep up - I really don't understand where the urban myth has come from that 127's go too quickly........ Mike seems to be able to keep up ok

Let me know if you have any probs reaching there by 6.30 on Sunday. Yes it is early, but we had to make time for an Olympic breakfast - priorities!!

Cheers, Gavin.

Yes i have put the sunroof motor in the car already

And your so right we must allow good time for breakfast

it will be a good day i am sure

Thanks Phil

Hello

A very long day but also a very enjoyable show

I think we upheld the flag for italian cars very well as there wasnt much else other than english stuff there (lots of this though)

Jeni have you got any of the photos to post and thanks again for organising the day

Phil

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos