FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
X1/9 fixed coolant pipes leaks, any ideas?

Hi, am sorting out a fiat x1/9 ready for the summer, on filling the cooant up the fixed pipes the run down the middle of the car are leaking, they are covered in a welded tunnel, so no idea where, of how bad, although its not pouring out, more a drip at the ends of the tunnel.
I think you can buy replacements in stainless, but does anyone have any ingenious solutions to this problem? before i go down the angle grinder out route, as without a ramp that is gonna be a bad job.
thanks in advance for any ideas,Nick.
ps, might be in the market for a cheap 80s ish fiat with some tax n test in next couple of weeks, if my everyday car ive advrtised sells, just to tide me over till the x1/9 is sorted,

Re: X1/9 fixed coolant pipes leaks, any ideas?

ask for barry at J.B.S. spares in north manchester,01616888391. he`s good on X1/9s

Re: X1/9 fixed coolant pipes leaks, any ideas?

is it one of them jobs that is done from under the car?,guess the pipes are held in by the fiddley clips!to make matters moer fun

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos