Start a New Topic 
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Whatcha think?
Christmas vs. Holiday. It’s a debate we’re hearing a lot about these days. When Lowe’s officials placed signs outside their stores that read “Holiday Trees For Sale,” there was quite an uprising. It was such an uprising that Lowe̵...
Views: 140   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 11:47am
by E.S. & Zona
k
Karen
Today
Well, I hope everyone had a great and wonderful day. I've been dealing with blood sugars, hypertension, gunshot wounds, unmentionables, sniffles, coughs and headaches....and hopeful that all left feeling a little better, at least hopeful of better days. Was a prett...
Views: 122   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 13, 2005 11:29am
by Ivy
Moxa sticks
I found four Moxa sticks in my mail today.Did you send them Lathan? They look like Roman Candles and smell like hog crap.I smoked one and nothing happened.I drank a pint of vodka and I ran to Anniston and back.You all need to call Lathan,I know what keeps him feeling...
Views: 134   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 13, 2005 9:56am
by Jimmy Holmes
HI
HI ALL, IN BETWEEN MEDS AND FEEL SOME BETTER. THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS, THEY REALLY HELP. WILL WRITE MORE NEXT TIME. MVB ES
Views: 117   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2005 11:32pm
by E.S. & Zona
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to wish my sweet nephew a special HAPPY BIRTHDAY today. I was only 3yrs old when my oldest sister Christine brought him into the world. I can still remember Mother taking me to the hospital to see the new baby. He always felt like a little brother to a...
Views: 127   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 11, 2005 11:45pm
by PAUL
k
Karen
anybody around?
Wow! ES gets incapacitated and the board gets really slow...Hope your doing okay, buddy. Need you back here. Chilly in Alabama these days. It was cold and rainy today. Going to hit a high of 46 tomorrow. Had a busy day at the clinic and was glad to get home to a h...
Views: 107   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 4:29pm
by Jan in NV
Update on E.S.
We got to the hospital at 6:00 this morning and everything was going great. They took E.S. into surgery and his heart rate went way up. They called the room and told me and said it might be tomorrow before they could set his arm. They called in his heart and his l...
Views: 117   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 4:15pm
by Jan in NV
Gary Howell
I just got a call to see if anyone had put an update about Gary on the connection...They said they heard he had had to have another procedure or something..As you see, nothing has been on here...Has anyone heard anything or know anyone to check with?
Views: 133   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2005 4:55pm
by Marilyn
ES's accident
ES is in the emergency room in Meridian, Miss. He fell at his home and broke his arm. Ed spoke to him and he said he fell through the kitchen door. It must be a bad break for him to know right off that it is broken. Will let you know when I talk to Zona how bad it...
Views: 169   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 8, 2005 9:36am
by E.S. & Zona
Hop Scotch
Just noticed this game mentioned in one of the post...brought to mind that I saw one drawn on the sidewalk by the little girl next door and it dawned on me that I had forgotten the object of the game....what were the ground (sidewalk) rules?
Views: 178   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 7, 2005 8:05pm
by Marilyn
Great Christmas Cookies!
Check these out: GREAT CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Views: 143   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2005 5:58pm
by E.S. & Zona
Waiting for a report....
Trish, have you heard anything yet? What can we do?
Views: 131   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2005 12:01am
by Ed and Pat
l
LLoyd
Comer Grad.
The death of Mildred Jeanette (Hickman) Ham is reported in to-day's Daily Home. She was a member of the first class to graduate at B. B. Comer in 1938.
Views: 162   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 7:00pm
by Horace Easterlin...
THANKSGIVING
WISH ALL A HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Views: 132   Replies: 22
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 7:39am
by Lathan
Thought this was a 'must reat'.
Who Started Christmas ? Author Unknown A woman was Christmas shopping with her two children. After many hours of walking down row after row of toys and after hours of hearing both her children asking for everything they saw on those many shelves, she finally...
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 6:25am
by Marilyn
GOOD ONE
http://www.ronaldreagan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/9/t/001404.html
Views: 239   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 5, 2005 4:08pm
by Jimmy "Nice Guy"...
Disgusting!!!!
I hate it when I am standing in line at Wally Mart and nothing to do but read the head lines on all the tabloids. They really caught my interest today but didn't have time to read the details... Something about Regis giving it up... Chealse Clinton's big wedding...
Views: 170   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 5, 2005 7:47am
by Cubby
c
Cubby
WMLS
I also have a trivial moment experience that involved L.R. and WMLS. One night after L.R. had been hosting the music out at the White Midget, several suspicious individuals, yours truly included, went on one of those 'midnight rides with L.R.' We wound up over at B...
Views: 169   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 4, 2005 5:30pm
by Lathan
Energy!!!
We've been using the Moxi sticks Lathan sent us and I can't tell any difference yet but Oner's energy has kicked in and she says she hasn't had this much energy in years. We visited the Dr yesterday and her blood pressure was great, so it is not from high blood press...
Views: 128   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 3, 2005 6:35am
by Lathan
"BUST ONE!"
MAN! I just busted a BIG one! Woo! Hadda turn on the attic fan for a few minutes, even with it 50 degrees outside! HOW'sErryboddyT'day? Jimmy
Views: 166   Replies: 20
Last Post: Dec 2, 2005 8:39am
by Jimmy Holmes
GRANDMA'S APRON
I don't think our kids know what an apron is. The principal use of Grandma's apron was to protect the dress underneath, but along with that, it served as a potholder for removing hot pans from the oven. It was wonderful for drying children's tears, and on occ...
Views: 129   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2005 12:25am
by Ed and Pat
l
Lathan
Horace
Horace, When you were a DJ at the radio station, who were some of the Artists that you would play and what were some of the songs? I remember waking up to a station on the Waterworks Road and this DJ would say, "I'm gonna have a cup of coffee and come alive..." I c...
Views: 149   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 1, 2005 7:40pm
by Horace Easterlin...
Churches and sheet music.
Most churches, at least all that I have been in recent years buy a license to reprint on paper or on overhead gels the music and words for all copyrighted music and printed materials. I suspect that some do cheat but in the mainstream that frowned upon and most keep...
Views: 130   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 1, 2005 2:37pm
by Lathan
BUSTION!
That was just to get PeeDribble's attention. Heh! Heh! Heh! Does anybody else remember when you could buy "punk sticks" along with your firecrackers? The punk (actually a coating of dry-rotted wood, I THINK!) would burn very slowly down the stick, so you could lig...
Views: 145   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 30, 2005 11:39pm
by Lathan
k
Karen
File Sharing
I did a little reading today on the file sharing since ES mentioned a site I hadn't heard of previously, Shareaza. I wondered how that could be done without getting into trouble like Napster did. From what I found out, Shareza just provides the program and people ca...
Views: 136   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 30, 2005 3:50pm
by Lathan
Re Football trivia
Wasn't it Bart Star that scored the T.D. to win the first championship game? Also allen Amechee(sp) scored a winning touchdown for the colts in what I thought was the first championship game. True or untrue? MVB ES
Views: 135   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 28, 2005 3:48pm
by Lathan
Moxi
Lathan, Me and Oner moxied up again today, Can't tell any difference yet. Unc
Views: 130   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 28, 2005 2:51pm
by E.S. & Zona
Jim House
Big house, I was listening to Glen Miller big band show tonight on PBS, also Lawrence Welk show. Does the net have a site to get big band music off of? It sure brought back memories of back when We Slow danced(Belly rubbing) and Jitterbugged to that music. I could ha...
Views: 112   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 27, 2005 4:49pm
by Karen
Why not?
Been watching Grambling and Southern play football and not a white on the field or as far as I can see in the stands. The announcers are black as are the ref's. They did have a good halftime show and it was televised. Try to have an all white game and see what happen...
Views: 115   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2005 9:12am
by Jimmy Holmes
l
Lathan
Football Trivia
Who won Super Bowl I and Super Bowl II and who were the opponents? The first correct answer gets to spend a week in Philadelphia. The second correct answer gets to spend two weeks in Philadelphia...
Views: 179   Replies: 28
Last Post: Nov 26, 2005 2:07pm
by Ivy
Free satellite system
To: Friends and family of the Sylacauga area. Free Dish Network satellite system anywhere in the country. Brought to you by GLOSSON SATELLITES. IS YOUR T.V. BILL TOO HIGH? If so you may be interested in a free satellite system installed in your home wi...
Views: 143   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2005 8:51pm
by PAUL GLOSSON JR.
Sad news
Got this note today from my classmate of 1952, Clara Ann DeVaughn Richardson: I'm glad I heard from you. Wanted to tell you Lawrence McKay (my step-brother ) died early this morning. He had surgery for an aorta aneurism in June and had never really recovered fro...
Views: 154   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 24, 2005 8:50am
by Horace Easterlin...
Anniversary!!
Hey MVB's, we have made number 48. Today 48 years ago we were married and Sylacauga & Comer played Football. I'm almost sure that Sylacauga won but don't remember the score. Anyway, they still play each other and we're still together so I guess we both have stuck...
Views: 136   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 24, 2005 8:35am
by Lathan
Old money
Any of y'all got any old money that you've collected over the years? The reason I'm asking is, I need some way to preserve the old coins. I have silver dollars dateing back to the 1800s, also buffalo nickles and dimes with the woman with wings on her head. We have se...
Views: 124   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 11:13pm
by E.S. & Zona
What's going on?????
Alright, Who peed in your cereal? Why is everybody so quite on the forum? I went to Meridian today for Oner's third round of injections in her knee. He said it wasn't a cure but maybe it would lengthen the time before she would have to do surgery. It's susposed to l...
Views: 149   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 6:10pm
by Horace Easterlin...
Three important notes
Ain't you glad you pay taxes? MVB ES (1) Zero Gravity When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developi...
Views: 150   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 10:47pm
by Jimmy Holmes
k
Karen
Birthday celebration
Remember My Birthday??? As you well know, we are getting closer to my birthday. Every year there is a celebration in my honor and I think that this year the celebration will be repeated. During this time there are many people shopping for gifts, there...
Views: 146   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 9:31pm
by Horace Easterlin...
l
Lathan
Moxibustion
Since the only emails I get from my Uncle are jokes that have been around the block a dozen times, maybe he will answer me on this forum. I'm wondering if My Uncle ES and his lovely Bride got the package I sent to them and I'm wondering if they understood the instr...
Views: 129   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 7:37pm
by Lathan
Daily Home
Just getting back from vacation and was reading some of the past downloads from the Daily Home. They are talking about the annexation of Old Talladega Hwy. Really seriously now....And some of the surrounding areas. What do you suppose will eventually happen? Sure...
Views: 197   Replies: 18
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 2:24pm
by Lathan
l
Lathan
BB's Fix It Shop
I remember that this guy would paint signs for people. He had a sign in his window that said, "I Was Making Signs Before I Could Talk". Raymond Dupree was also a great Artist and he painted Signs for people. I remember that he painted the COMER TIGER Sign featurin...
Views: 167   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 20, 2005 8:26pm
by E.S. & Zona
MVB
Keep lifting Ray Duke and his mom up...or really the whole family. Ray had a set back and had to go back to the hospital with (for lack of the real terminology)a kink in the intestine. I guess they are observing and treating hoping not to have to go back in. Will p...
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2005 7:51pm
by Marilyn
How sweet it is!!!!!
Waaarrrrrrrrr Eagles!!!!!
Views: 147   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 19, 2005 10:33pm
by Lathan
WOW!!
Yahoo!!!!! Ga. Tech 14, Miami 10. I was born in Cedertown Ga so I can claim the victory. This also makes Auburn look a little better. War Eagle!!!!
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 19, 2005 10:15pm
by E.S. & Zona
Can't win
Ed is better, playing football in his sleep. Trish is doing o.k. except running pass routes for Ed. Jimmy sounds like he is doing alright. Me and Ivy are breathing, as long as we don't smile. Cubby is still Cubby and I hope he never changes. Seems like everybody is o...
Views: 176   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 8:46pm
by Lathan
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87