SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD

Please post any announcements, events or comments here. ALL boaters welcome!

SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very Sad News

Tonight I received some very bad news. PC Bill Warden has passed away. I'll post more details as soon they're available. God speed Commodore, Officer and Friend

PC Eric

Re: Very Sad News

I devastated to hear that he's passed I definitely want info on what the arrangements will be he was my ride n die guy his motto was "picking up chicks" lol and I told him it was "picking up hen's" you old f*** sorry for the language

Family and friends may gather on Thursday, May 30, 2019 from 10:00am until a Memorial Service at 12:00 noon at Merkle Funeral Service, North Monroe; 2442 North Monroe Street (734) 384-5185

Very sad news.

Dear members new and old alike if anybody can make it to Bill Warden memorial I'm sure his family would be appreciative it. You can't look anywhere around Swan boat club and not see a contribution made by Commodore Warden and Commodore Gilroy, we used to call them Bill and Bill construction. Sure Bill was a gruff and grumpy guy but if he gave you a hard time that's how you knew he liked you, it was just his way Our club owes Bill a lot, a proper farewell would mean a lot. Lady Sally and I are feeling very sad that we will not be in Michigan for this goodbye we are stuck in Florida with health issues but will return soon Bill served our country, the city of Westland as a policeman our club is Commodore, Rear commodore many times and was always there with a hammer and saw to help build or repair what was needed. Let's say goodbye to Bill in style, thank you!!!!;

PC Eric

The Board of Swan Boat Club will be joining the Blue Gavel/Past Commodores at Merkle Funeral Home at 11am. Visitation ends at noon and there will be a luncheon served at Swan immediately following. Any members who can attend are encouraged to do so. Bill was a great asset to our Club for many years and is deserving of our gratitude.

Eric and I will there.

Bill was very special to both of us.
He sponsored us as members of Swan with a lot trepidation about us living in Cincinnati.
He gave us lots of conditions which we have lived up to. Thank goodness.
Bill spent many hours taking care of Aunt Edna in our absence which we are so grateful for his kindness.
Our last visit with Bill was the Swan Christmas party thanks to Pam and Dan for managing to get him there with us.
I heard from him at Easter and obviously wish we had tried to see him when we were up there a few weeks ago.

So, so many cherished memories when both he and Loretta had their health.