The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 1/31/06

Jimmy, One question, Was Nellie Belley the Rose? MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 1/31/06

You gottit, E.S. It's all been "out in the open" here since before Winnie and I married. I've even got a Camp Helen beach picture of "the other rose" and me on our bedroom bookcase here, and I've even called and talked with her since she returned to Sylacauga. Winnie's "take" on it has always been, in her words,"So she was your first love --- I'll be your last!"

Ain't MANY women that smart, y'know? I picked a winner. And there are at least five OTHER reasons God apparently didn't want me to have the other rose.

"Man proposes, but God disposes!" And He does a good job of it, too!

Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 1/31/06

E.S., I talked with Handsome Ed a while ago. Was gonna call you, but danged if I can find your Camp Glosson number. Email it to me and I'll talk your ear off. Ed and I "HEE-HAWED" for a long time, and I wanna use up some more of these "unlimited anytime anywhere in the US or Canada" minutes I now have on Time Warner Digital Phone. Dang thing works through the same cable my computer and TV are hooked up to, and all at the same time. Dang cable modem has about thirteen or twelve lights on it! (Little Mexican talk there for ya'! LOL)
Anyway, send me the number and get a pad for your ear.

Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 1/31/06

205-654-2250 Maybe somebody else will call this ole repobate that is shutin and lonesome. Trish calls me nearly every night to check on her Big Bro. Oner says we talk about something over and over and over, but we must be on the same page cause neither one says " I heard that before". So me and you can really hash over old times and not care if we did say it before. I too had a first love if you want to call it that in school. She booted me for another and that was the first real hurt I experenced in my love life. My Oner didn't comment when I'd mention her but I'm sure she didn't like it. At one of the reunions my first love was there and Oner told her to go over and see me. She came over and said "Know who I am?" I said I'm sorry, I don't. Then she said I'm Blank, I said Blank who?
When I found out she was my first love, I begin praying, Thank you Lord for Oner and not giving me my first love. Talk about treeing squirls, she could lead the pack. My Oner was sitting back, grinning and taking revenge like the lady she is.
She later told me she set me up, if she had been pretty, she wouldn't have sent her over. MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Checkin in from Camp Glosson 1/31/06

Women should be fighting wars. The enemies would surrender in less than a week...