SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD

Please post any announcements, events or comments here. ALL boaters welcome!

SWAN BOAT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nominations and upcoming elections

On Sunday November 8th, at the general membership meeting, we held our nominations for the 2021 Officers and Board. Absentee ballot requests are being accepted by regular mail to Swan Boat Club, Attention Election Committee, P.O. Box 94, Newport, Mi. 48166 or by email to: cjbear121@yahoo.com. Make sure you include your name and the address where you wish your ballot sent to. Request's must be made by the member and not a third party. Requests must be received by Nov.20th and the returns must be received by return mail prior to the start of elections on Dec. 12th, 2020.

Please feel free to email me with any questions at cjbear121@yahoo.com.

P/C Chris Johnson
Secy/Treasurer
Blue Gavel & Assoc. or Past Commodores

Re: Nominations and upcoming elections

I haven't missed an election in over 20 years. However, if Swan does not practice safety precautions I will not be voting. This is so disappointing to me. So....please let the membership know what measures are in place for safely voting.

If you threatened in any way request a absentee ballot.

In addition to the opportunity to request an absentee ballot by email, members who are eligible to vote may request a ballot via txt msg to my phone @ 734-652-1174. Your txt msg must include your name as well as where you would like the ballot mailed to. Any request must be made by the member and not a third party and must be received by November 20th, 2020. As we all know these are unusual times. In light of todays COVID restrictions imposed by the state we hope that by Dec. 12th we will be able to hold elections and have the club open to do so.

Be well and stay safe.

P/C Chris Johnson

Explain your version of "safe". Driving there is more of a threat than anything else. Or what Eric said

"D", whom ever you are. If you are referring to my post, "Be well and stay safe" is not meant as a specific inference to a condition or event. Life is full of hazards. Not suggesting that anyone put their head in the sand or live in a bubble, I sure don't. It is merely a passing closure to a friendly thought. If you have other questions feel free to email me direct or give me a call.

P/C cj

Sorry Chris, exactly my point. Nof sure how my info got messed up when responding.

Be well..We are having elections with all safe protocols even if the club/bar is closed. There is a plan. 11/20/20 is the last date for absentee requests.

Thanks for your help and input.

P/C cj

Thanks Chris. SEE you in a couple weeks